Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscar preview: My picks

Just like the good old days of the football season I am here to give my picks for who will take home Oscar gold tonight.

Best Supporting Actor- Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine
Best Suppporting Actress- Rinko Kikuchi, Babel
Best Actor-Forest Whitaker, Last King of Scotland
*Best Actress-Helen Mirren, The Queen
Best Documentary-Inconvenient Truth
*Best Animated Film-Cars
Best Screenplay, Adapted- Departed
Best Screenplay, Original-Babel
Best Picture- The Departed
*Best Director-Martin Scorsese
*Best Foreign Film- Pan's Labyrinth

*= guaranteed stone cold lead pipe locks

Of course if I'm wrong I reserve the right to declare that the Academy is fixed, therefore rendering logical picks obsolete, much like the last few seasons of NFL prognosticating.

No comments: