Friday, March 23, 2007

March Madness: Sweet 16 Day 2 Preview

It's almost game time, so I don't have time to do in depth previews of each game tonight, so here is my *Cliff's Notes version of what I think will happen.

-5 Butler vs. 1 Florida
Butler is a nice little team and a nice little story, but evn if the Gators struggle for a half again, as in 2 previous tourney games, it is too powerful to fall to the mid-major power.

My prediction; Gators sputter early, crush late.

-6Vandy vs. 2 Georgetown
Vandy has played well above their heads this tourney but the Hoyas are one of the most talented teams still alive.

My prediction: Hoyas roll.

-7 UNLV vs. 3Oregon
The wild west comes to life in what promises to be a slugfest between two defensive teams. For some reason I like the Rebs to keep bringing the glory days back to Vegas, if there is such a thing.

My prediction: Rebels win a close one, 75-73

-5 USC vs. 1 No. Carolina
The Heels are deep and strong, but USC just seems to have that something special. It's gonna be a tough one for Carolina no matter what, and I think the sneaky Trojans may squeak this win out.

My prediction: Trojans by a bucket, 86-84.

*Being as this preview was hurried and not well-thought out, I reserve the right to distance myself from these picks immediately following the games.

No comments: