Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday Morning Kick Returns

Like Jay-Z says in his comeback album and cool new video, "I'm back!"
Many of my loyal readers have been wondering what the hell happened to me since my last post Saturday night/Sunday morning. Well a funny thing happened to me as I was finishing my college football wrap, and by funny I mean terrible, awful, and disgusting.
My wife had gotten sick Friday night shortly after eating some chicken wings, and I thought she had a case of food poisoning. But as I began feeling ill early Sunday morning, I knew it wasn't salmonella. Fifteen trips to the toilet later it was quite apparent that we had both been stricken by a virus that left us with an intimate knowledge of the inside of our bowl. The whole day yesterday feels like it has been erased from my life. All I remember is my bed, the toilet, and sweating more than those D-list losers on Celebrity Fat Club. Here's how bad it was. I drag myself out of bed at around 8 last night to watch the big Colts/Pats game with my son, and I'm feeling a little better. Well by halftime I had to turn of the big set and crawl back into my bed and watch the rest of the game on the tiny bedroom set. I mean a Pats/Colts game on a 19-inch set? You know I was out of it. To top it all off it was all I could do to stay awake to see the bitter end. As the ball deflected out of Kevin Faulk's hands and into the arms of a Colt defender to end the game, I clicked it off and went to bed hoping today would be a better day.
Well so far everything is okay. Other than the fact that I fell like I've lost a day from my life and my body feels like it got hit by a semi, I'm all good. I think I puked up my Halloween candy from 1984 and my ribs feel like they have been pried open, but other than that I'm fine. So it's time to get back on the horse and post about what went on in the NFL yesterday. Right after I take a nap.

No comments: