Saturday, August 19, 2006

2 hours til game time (bad deja vu there)



Here it is a mere 10 hours after GM2 ended and it's almost time for GM3. Now that I've got a little sleep, which has brought a little perspective, let's take a closer look at the horrifying stats behind yesterday's doubleheaded disaster:

**Judas Demon, obviously feeling the sting of all my posts, went 6-12 w/ 2 HRs, 1 3B, and 7 RBI. His Coco counterpart was not as good: 1-9 w/ 2 Rs and 1BB. Wow, I really bit it on my calling of that matchup. Demon obviuosly didn't fracture his spaghetti arm- maybe today; if Beckett doesn't buzz one of his 97mph heaters up near Captain Caveman's huge melon to start the game, I'm turning it off right there.

** The two games took 8 hours and 45 minutes to play, and the second game is in the record books as the
longest 9-inning game in major league history. All of that baseball and I can't remember one reedeeming thing about any of it from the Boston perspective. Well, just a couple, but it remains a day of brain-damaging baseball for Sox fans, just and endless parade of Pinstripes hitting the ball and running around the bases, like a XBOX game gone haywire; I've watched a lot of baseball in my 38 years here, and no doubt that was the worst day of ball that I have ever witnessed, bar none. I might need therapy to wipe the memories of it out of my mind. I guess I, like many others in the Nation, will just have to pop in our 2004 Championship DVD set just for some cleansing of the filth. Especially if they lose today!

***
I just experienced a power surge here that knocked everthing out and wiped out the rest of my post about three words before I finished it (no lie). I did go into the numbers from the day, breaking down the good, the bad, and the (plenty of) ugly. Alas it has all been lost. I am taking this a sign from above to stop talking/writing/thinking about yesterday's games and focus on the future. Game 3 is now about 40 minutes away, and I am going to spend that time getting into a special place, where the memories of yesterday can't get me, and good thoughts about the rest of the series will fill my mind. And if I don't post after the game today, you'll know where to find me- The Sunshine Skyway center span! ***

No comments: