Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Finally-some good news

With the rash of bad news recently it was great to read this piece of awesome news yesterday.
For those of you who don't know, Peter Gammons is the God of Baseball Reporting. I grew up reading him in the Globe (along with Montville, DeFord & McDonough) and literally used to rip open the Sunday paper to devour his weekly baseball column. He was definitely one of my inspirations who made me want to be a sports writer.

When it was learned that he had suffered a brain aneurysm while at his Cape home this summer I, like millions of other baseball fans, was shocked & devastated-" Please don't let this man who is such a fountain of knowledge and stories be taken from us so suddenly. "

Luckily for him, his family, and all of his legion of fans, Gammons has made a speedy and near miraculous recovery. The news that he is scheduled to return to ESPN tonight nearly brought a tear to my eye; I guarantee seeing him back on Baseball Tonight will open the floodgates.

Congrats on your recovery & hope you can stay healthy- baseball reporting just isn't the same without you.

No comments: